Thursday, November 17, 2011

Autumn Quinoa Bake

Sometimes I just randomly come up with really good recipe ideas.  Like today, I was in the car driving to work, thinking about what to make for dinner tonight, and then it hit me!  I wanted to use a butternut squash that I had on hand, and maybe incorporate some quinoa.  Then I decided that I should keep the autumn theme going and add some dried cranberries and feta cheese. The result? Delicious! You should definitely make this and serve it at/bring it to Thanksgiving dinner!





Autumn Quinoa Bake

2 cups quinoa, cooked in 4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup feta cheese
3/4 cup dried cranberries
roasted butternut squash, peeled and cubed
(add cinnamon and/or nutmeg as desired...I think next time I'll add some roasted pecans to the mix, too!)

Peel and cube the butternut squash and bake at 425F for about 35 minutes, until softened.  Meanwhile, cook the quinoa per package directions on the stove top.  Combine the quinoa and butternut squash, and add dried cranberries and feta cheese.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350F and serve!




Hope you try it and enjoy it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...